[PLUG] hdparm and partition tables

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Fri Mar 5 21:55:02 UTC 2004

Last night in my presentation I mentioned that hdparm doesn't reread
the partition table for disks after hotswapping.

With help from Elliott Mitchell, and the source for /sbin/hdparm,
I learned that when loading a new drive, I should be typing:

hdparm -zb 0 /dev/backup    instead of hdparm -b 0 /dev/backup

RTFSC, I guess.  Of course, once you know the correct nomenclature,
RTFM also applies.

Mea Culpa.  For punishment, I shall read the Collected Wisdom of
Darl McBride.  All done.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993