[PLUG] Samba, LDAP, and my sanity.

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Mar 8 17:48:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 05:16:11PM -0800, Jeme A Brelin wrote:
> The fact is, I don't even really care about LDAP.  I just want Samba to do
> what I want it to do without a Windows Domain Controller.
>
> It seems like a fairly straightforward thing.  "Samba Single Sign-On
> How-To"  Why doesn't it exist?  Is it because it's not possible?

I believe you're asking the wrong question.  The answer lies not in SAMBA,
but in PAM.  PAM controls with authentication methods are considered
for your environment.  PAM orders the sequence of authentication tries.
PAM is your friend.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity