[PLUG] Samba, LDAP, and my sanity.

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Mar 8 17:52:01 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 17:45, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> I believe you're asking the wrong question.  The answer lies not in SAMBA,
> but in PAM.  PAM controls with authentication methods are considered
> for your environment.  PAM orders the sequence of authentication tries.
> PAM is your friend.

Only if you disable encrypted passwords over the wire, which is not
recommended, because it's insecure and because it's a hassle to install
the appropriate registry setting on each system.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Consulting in Portland, Oregon * * * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                  http://nakedape.cc  *
* Naked Ape Business Server       http://nakedape.cc/r/smb  *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *