[PLUG] All-new All-different smbldap problem

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Mar 9 17:15:03 UTC 2004

OK, so I've got some new ideas and started moving forward with my LDAP
configuration (from scratch, here).

I'm using these here smbldap scripts.

So dig this (from smbldap_conf.pm):
# Ex: $slaveLDAP = "127.0.0.1";
$slaveLDAP = "127.0.0.1";
$slavePort = "389";

# Master LDAP : needed for write operations
# Ex: $masterLDAP = "127.0.0.1";
$masterLDAP = "127.0.0.1";
$masterPort = "389";

The documentation explicitly says this is OK if you've only got the one
LDAP server (no way am I setting up two of these before I even know if it
works with one).

Yet:
brat:~# smbldap-groupadd.pl -a -g 200 "Domain Admins"
error LDAP: Can't contact slave ldap server (IO::Socket::INET: Bad
protocol 'tcp') at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 100.

How the hell can that be?

What's so bad about 'tcp' as a protocol?  Shouldn't these tools WORK?
What the heck is wrong with my configuration that it doesn't work when
nobody even mentions having this kind of problem with these tools?

OK, there's plenty of reference to this error... ON WINDOWS!

Oooh, a clock tower!  Where's my deer rifle?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net