[PLUG] Gnome Panel

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Tue Mar 9 17:30:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 16:32, Derek Loree wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 15:30, Bill Spears wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 15:30, Bill Spears wrote:
> > > I've managed to get gnome-panel fubared.  When I click the start menu it
> > > crashes, without displaying a menu. It's just the one user.
> > > Any guesses
> >

> > Ok, since you're all stumped.  Let me ask this:
> >    When the main menu launcher launches what program does it execute?
> >
> Is /usr/bin/gnome-panel what you are looking for?
That was fubared for awhile, but I got that back.  What is messed up is
the main menu launcher: When I click the start menu it
crashes, without displaying a menu.
Is there something else I should add?

> > And: What config and/or tmp/ files does the gnome-panel use?
>
> On my Debian system, there is a directory: /etc/gnome/panel-config that
I'll look at, but gnome-panel works for all users but one.

> I did find a file in my home directory called .gnome-errors that might
Missed that one.
> Since you really haven't described how it is "fubared", I don't know
> what else to say.
See above.

--
Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com>