[PLUG] UML^HFreeBSD

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Tue Mar 9 20:05:03 UTC 2004

I've been having a lot of fun with UMLs here recently... I signed up
with Redwood Virtual for $5/month and also PigsCanFly (which has just
shut down their UML-providing service, shoving it off to JVDS.com)...

Looking at the JVDS website, I see they offer virtual FreeBSD servers.
"Whoa!" I said to myself, "that sounds way cool."  I haven't emailed
them to ask them yet, but probably will once I have my server back up
and running with them... but does anybody know how they would do that?
I would *love* to be able to run a little FreeBSD UML-type setup here in
Gentoo.  I googled it a month or three ago and found absolutely no
information at all.

Any thoughts?  :-)

In general, I'm not a huge FreeBSD fan, but I think it *would* be fun to
play with.  I have a shell account on one FreeBSD box I haven't really
played with much yet...

So has anybody heard of a UML-like solution for FreeBSD, preferably one
which runs with a Linux host?

Rob