[PLUG] Gnome Panel

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Tue Mar 9 20:25:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 15:30, Bill Spears wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 15:30, Bill Spears wrote:
> > I've managed to get gnome-panel fubared.  When I click the start menu it
> > crashes, without displaying a menu. It's just the one user.
> > Any guesses
>

> Ok, since you're all stumped.  Let me ask this:
>    When the main menu launcher launches what program does it execute?
>
> And: What config and/or tmp/ files does the gnome-panel use?

I've  switched to KDE.
Will: I rebooted and it made no difference.
I created a new user and copied everything (using tar to /tmp, where I
changed owners and  from/tmp to new user)  (after completely clearing
out the new user home dir) It worked fine, except for bookmarks. Go
figure. I guess it must be something in uid.