[PLUG] Re: Implementing only whitelisted allowed to stop spammers...

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 00:30:03 UTC 2004

--- Elliott Mitchell <ehem at m5p.com> wrote:
> > From: Darkhorse <plug_0 at robinson-west.com>

> > On a DSL connection, you need to discourage
> wasteful
> > SMTP traffic because you don't have much bandwidth
> in the first
> > place.
That raised my eyebrows, too. On an awful day, say I
get 100 unwanted e-mails of 10K each. That's 1 MB
spread over the entire 24-hour period. I don't think
it will bog down my 640K connection. The judgment
exercised in sorting out messages with misleading
titles wastes a lot of time, though, and that's the problem.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/