[PLUG] Touch errors and no mount

alex alexlinux at qwest.net
Wed Mar 10 01:09:02 UTC 2004

	Having a bit of trouble with a MDL9.1 install. This is my home webpage
server and it was working fine until tonight when I attempted to run top
to check how long it had been up since I replaced the harddrive a few
weeks ago. It told me that there had been a core dump.
	I checked my home files and found 4 dump files and decided to do a
restart.
	At that point it came up with a root PW screen and then it only logged
me out but would not reboot and poking around I saw that one of my
partitions was no longer mounted.
	One shutdown and restart later and I saw the "touch: untouchable..."
messages start to appear.
	I am getting the partition to show up as clean but then am told that it
might be the wrong file system (ext3) or too many inodes but am unable
to mount to check for that. I can run fsck,ext3 forced or unforced and
it comes back clean every time. My fstab is correct also.
	What am I missing here? Have I maybe been hacked? Everything but this
one partition seems to be intact.

TIA
--
Alex