[PLUG] Samba: Map "My Documents" to Linux home directory?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Mar 10 10:51:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Alexander <m at phxlinux.org> writes:

Matt> I was hoping Samba could setup this association automatically in
Matt> their domain profile so I didn't have to visit each desktop...

I did this (somehow) but it was a year ago and I don't remember what I
did.  Maybe it was the "logon home" parameter in smb.conf (but that's
just a wild guess).  I solved the problem with a manually executed
genetic algorithm: I kept reading stuff and trying things until the
fitness improved to acceptablility.  Whatever I did, "it" works now.

seniorr at aracnet.com