[PLUG] OT: Win-XP Dialup

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Mar 10 17:24:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 15:32, Chaz Sliger wrote:

> Anyone have experience with Win-XP Dialup?

Not much... but far too much...

> I can get a dialup internet connection established, but the system
> drops the link when I switch users.

...so I emailed my WinXP guru, who said:

When you have an active dialup connection and "Log Off" you are met with
a box that says...

"The dialup networking connection "xxx" is currently active.  Would you
like to close the connection  Yes/No"

This is true with a standard dialup connection, not so with AOL. The AOL
program closes when you log off.

If you just "Switch Users" without logging off then even AOL will
provide the other user profiles with Internet access, since the programs
running on the original profile do not close.
Scott

Rob