[PLUG] Mailing List Viruses

Mark Morgan lemming at quirkyqatz.com
Thu Mar 11 16:28:02 UTC 2004

Wil Cooley said:
> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 16:08, AthlonRob wrote:
>> On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 16:03, John Meissen wrote:
>> > Ack. Now were getting viruses coming through the list :-(
>>
>> No way around it these days.  I'll bet it eats up a fair amount of
>> bandwidth on Drizzle, too.
>
> I've been meaning to talk to Dave about letting me change the MX records
> and Exim config so mail for pdxlinux.org routes through my Mail Defender
> server.

Yet another comcast spew from c-24-20-71-51.client.comcast.net
Though the messasage ID was rather suspicious.
I would think for this list, sending messages with exe, pif, etc...
attachments straight to /dev/null would be a non-issue.  (And password
protected zips as well)

--
Mark
http://www.kittydream.org - House of Dreams Cat Shelter