[PLUG] Mailing List Viruses

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu Mar 11 16:37:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 16:16, Wil Cooley wrote:

> I've been meaning to talk to Dave about letting me change the MX records
> and Exim config so mail for pdxlinux.org routes through my Mail Defender
> server.  Until now my main impetus has been to make list moderation
> easier for myself, since 95% of the messages that get held for
> moderation are spam.

That would be cool.  Drizzle *was* running AMaViS a while back (Karl set
it up)...  I see it is still running now, but if it isn't catching spam,
something is amiss.

Your Mail Defender server kills those stupid password protected zips,
right?  :-)

While you're in there playing with DNS... I remember a few years back
y'all were looking for slave DNS servers.  I have a UML server in
California and one in Michigan now, both running BIND 9 (both at colo
facilities with "100Mbps burstable connections").  It would take me but
a few moments to add the lines to my named.conf for y'all, if you want
more backups.  Ping them at uml.axpr.net and uml.no-ip-here.net if you
wish.

Rob