[PLUG] Looking for Open Source replacement for MS Visio

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Mar 11 17:16:02 UTC 2004

Hey,

    What do people use for drawing network diagrams, organization
charts, and the like?  The tools I have used for this do the job, but
are slow and clumsy to use.

    My students have introduced me to MS Visio and at first glance it
seems pretty nice - except that it runs under Windows which is slow and
clumsy to use.

    So, is there any equivalent to MS Visio (preferably Open Source)
that runs under Linux or some other Unix OS?

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group