[PLUG] Looking for Open Source replacement for MS Visio

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 11 17:32:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, David Mandel wrote:

>     What do people use for drawing network diagrams, organization charts,
> and the like?  The tools I have used for this do the job, but are slow and
> clumsy to use.

Dave,

  I have identified at least 7 vector drawing programs for linux. The one I
like (and use for the illustrations in my book) is 'tgif'. Others include
xfig, dia, sketch, ipe and a couple of more whose names I forget. Oh, ...
one's called 'grace'.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>