[PLUG] RPM dependency problem - More Info

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Mar 12 09:06:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Morthland, Cam wrote:

> - This is a Redhat 9 install.  Real basic.  Acting as a mail gateway
>   (Postfix-Amavisd-Spamassassin-Clam) but I would like to add web
>   capability.

The problem is that you were trying to install a package built for Red
Hat 7.3. You'll need the php-* packages for Red Hat 9. Head to a
decent mirror, e.g.,

  ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/redhat/updates/9/en/os/i386/

and grab the php-* rpms. Try those instead.

> - I read on some boards that PHP is unstable with Apache 2, so I
>   decided to back-off and load Apache 1.39(?).

Feh. PHP works fine with the Apache 2.x packages shipped with Red Hat
9. Try those thoroughly before doing anything out of the ordinary.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>