[PLUG] local-ish rack suppliers?

Terry Griffin griffint at pobox.com
Sun Mar 14 10:38:02 UTC 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 8:37 am, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Hello,
>    A "while" ago I remember people talking about where they've found a
> local supplier for racks (the kind you mount rack mountable computers
> in, I don't know if the racks themselves have an actual name) - does
> anybody remember where those places were?
>
> thanks,
> Brent

That might have been my thread you are recalling, and that was a *long*
while ago.

I ended up going to Greybar Electric per a suggestion from someone on the
list and found what I wanted. Their PDX location is on NE 60th next to I-84.
The corporate web site is www.greybar.com.

I think I also browsed some equipment catalogs in a Platt Electric office
but they didn't have quite what I wanted at the time. And the particular
office I visited was pretty clueless about computing-related equipment.
That's going to vary from one office to another. Plus again, it was a long
time ago. Things change.

Terry