[PLUG] SSH Redhat 6.2

will at yogurt66.org will at yogurt66.org
Sun Mar 14 11:13:01 UTC 2004

I am trying to set up ssh to allow root logins on a redhat 6.2 box (I am well aware of the security issues, we have our reasons).  I changed the sshd_config to PermitRootLogin yes and restarted the sshd server.  Still I can log in as a normal user and I can su from a normal user.  I checked the permissions on /root/.ssh they are set at 700 (which I believe is correct).

Also one more interesting thing, perhaps this is relevant.  If I set it up with authorized_keys from another machine, I can log in without a password as root (however ths is really not what we need).

Google turned up little to no help at all. Has anyone seen this or have any idea why root logins are still denied.  What am I missing?!

Will