[PLUG] two distros on one hard drive.

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 18:39:03 UTC 2004

--- jarrod <apollyon42 at comcast.net> wrote:
> ok so I am running suse 9.0 for my self, winXP for
> my family, and I want
> to add debian to the mix. All of this is on one hard
> drive. I have not
> installed debian yet I was wondering if anyone has
> any advice.
>
> How could I make this happen?

I've done this before, only with RH and Mandrake.
Adding Debian to SuSE's boot loader might be best,
assuming that you use NTLDR to boot either XP or
Linux. Then selecting Linux from NTLDR's menu would
lead to another choice, from GRUB, of SuSE or Debian.

Microsoft has also produced Virtual PC 2004 for XP
Pro, which might be more convenient but probably would
not perform as well as a native installation.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/