[PLUG] Wireless Hardware

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Tue Mar 16 21:39:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 14:57, Bill Spears wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 13:18, Derek Loree wrote:

> > > Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I could configure it with Linux.
> >
> > The only AP that I have not been able to configure from linux was an
> > Apple Airport, but that was because it was setup to only communicate
> > with the Apple-talk protocol.  I have not come across an AP that
> > requires Active-X or that proprietary browser from Redmond, and the IP
> > protocol is used as the default by everyone but Apple (and that may have
> > changed as well).
> >
> > I must also add that my favorite AP's are just computers running linux,
> > Gibraltar (http://www.gibraltar.at) being my live-CD distribution of
> > choice at this time.
> >
> > Good Luck,
> >
> > Derek Loree
> >
> Bit pricey at 1000 euros, eh!

Yeh, I was bummed when they went that route, but it is a very powerful
firewall.

I'm still using the pre-1.0 release which is GPL, and the 1+ versions
are free for personal use if you don't want to use the web interface for
configuration.  Since it is based on Debian, I really don't need a web
interface for configuration, ssh works just as well or better.

Derek Loree