[PLUG] Mozilla Mail / IMAP troubles

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Thu Mar 18 05:02:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Matt Alexander wrote:

> I have users that have lots of subfolders in Mozilla mail.  When they move
> messages to a folder, the messages don't show up.  Some folders will
> appear empty.  They can go into the IMP webmail and see all the messages
> in each folder, however.  But for some reason these messages aren't
> showing up in some of the folders (some folders work fine and have their
> messages).
> We're using Courier IMAP and Postfix on the server.  Mozilla 1.6 on Win2K.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before?

Yes I have.  Since I access my mail from several different systems and
several different accounts IMAP is the only reasonable way to go.  I tried
the web mail interface and sometimes still use it but it is two slow and I
have to login to each mail account instead of getting them all at once.

This happens from WinXP - Mozilla 1.6, RHL 8.0 - Mozilla 1.4, and Fedora
Core 1 - Mozilla 1.6 systems.

I was thinking it was because of the IMAP server I am accessing (all
accounts come from the same 'mail server' software) but feel a little
better now as someone else is experiencing it.

As times permits I'm searching for 'the' solution.  Nothing so far though.

Rod