[PLUG] what open source courses would people like

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Mar 18 10:12:02 UTC 2004

Mike De La Mater <mikedela at theplatinumrule.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 22:28, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> > I know it's a little picky and arcane, it's just the culture of this
>> > group.
>>
>> s/culture of this group/common internet courtesy.
>> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
>> http://ursine.ca/jargon/html/email-style.html
>> http://www.newbie.org/
>
> My apologies. I intended no offense.

None taken.  I just tend to be verbose, since people tend to insist I
back what I say up 10 or 12 times when I make that claim.  Usually
newer Windows users.  Linux mailing lists tend to have more people who
travel better online than the Windows lusers of which I speak.  8:o)
I was simply pointing out that what this group expects is more or less
expected by the majority of the people online, even if they can't
articulate that desire.

> Most non-?nix users do not have the slightest idea about the rules, I
> still get all-caps e-mail from customers.

I wonder what inspires this behavior.  It's not like it's the 1970s.
Lower-case aware computers are the norm now...

--
 .''`.     Paul Johnson <baloo at ursine.ca>
: :'  :