[PLUG] Courier/Postfix relay after authenticating?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Mar 18 13:18:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 12:54, Matt Alexander wrote:
> Does anyone have an easy solution for allowing remote users to relay mail
> through a mail server after they've been authenticated by the IMAP server?
>
> The few solutions I've discovered so far require rebuilding the software,
> etc.  It'd be nice if there's a simple way to add this feature to my
> Postfix/Courier-IMAP setup.

There's DRAC, but I don't know if it works with Courier and in any case
it's something of a hack.  Almost all MTAs now support SMTP AUTH, which
isn't too hard to set up with Postfix, once you work out file permission
problems (which can be nil if using saslauthd).

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Consulting in Portland, Oregon * * * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                http://nakedape.cc  *