[PLUG] "New Horizons" Scam

cabbey cabbey at attbi.com
Thu Mar 18 13:33:02 UTC 2004

Paul Johnson wrote:

>Marv <lamsokvr at xprt.net> writes:
>

>>>I thought something was wrong with this company when one of the
>>>selling points in the commercial was to come hungry because the pizza
>>>is free.  I then immediately had to wonder if they would be drinking
>>>kool aid with that pizza.  8:o)
>>>

>>Their training folks are generally underqualified..
>>

>One would expect if they have to bribe people with pizza to get them
>in the door to start with.  Odds are it's probably Dominos, to boot.

Yeah, how about it - "Get your free Domino's pizza, and sign up for a
6-8 month training seminar for $16K!!!"

I'm simply not getting how fools are falling for this bunk - I mean,
that's more expensive than one of the national top 5 engineering
universities, out of state, for a semester/two quarters.

I guess when there's money to be taken, the taking's good...