[PLUG] Linux Network class at PCC

Mike's Comcast Acct laynerm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 21:18:02 UTC 2004

Mike Neal wrote:

>>Well I see they have 12, so I'm in.
>>I'm looking forward to your excellent skills as a teacher again.
>>I've really missed not being able to continue directly from one class
>>to the next. I admit now to being rusty. I assume you'll help bring me
>>up to speed for the class?
>>
>>Well, I've got the book and have started chapter one. Anything else to
>>recommend?
>>
>>Later,
>>Harry
>>Dont immanentize the eschaton
>>

>Hi,
>
>The official word is the class is going to happen so do a couple of
>installs (Red Hat 7.3 is fine but I may use Suse 9 in class) review your
>CIS240L text and practice binary/decimal/hex conversion (just kidding,
>we'll cover the math in class).
>
>Cheers,
>Mike

I don't think I have the knowledge/skills to benefit from this class.  I
have yet to successfully set up a Linux box, despite hours of effort and
reading.

Is there a class/place where I could learn the basic's and get a box set
up and running so I could start learning Linux?

Thanks,

Mike Layne,
Portland, OR

--