[PLUG] Linux Network class at PCC

Mike Neal miken at hotsushi.com
Fri Mar 19 22:27:01 UTC 2004

>I don't think I have the knowledge/skills to benefit from this class.  I
>have yet to successfully set up a Linux box, despite hours of effort and
>reading.
>
>Is there a class/place where I could learn the basic's and get a box set
>up and running so I could start learning Linux?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mike Layne,
>Portland, OR
The PLUG hardware clinic will help you get a box setup,
http://server.riverdale.k12.or.us/~danh/  and you might want to check out
freegeek for their intro Linux classes.  Tuition ranges from none to
trade-for-work: http://www.freegeek.org/education.php  PCC has an Intro to
Unix class, CS140U and a Linux Installation and Configuration class, CIS240L.