[PLUG] Cups Printing Problem

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Sat Mar 20 06:52:02 UTC 2004

I have cups installed and running on three computers, all running
Fedora1. An hp1200 is installed on computer P and it works. Up until
recently it also worked across a network on computers L and O.  The only
thing I changed was the net work IP addresses and I now use dhcp. Yes,
they can ping each other.

P is set up to broadcast its printer and L and O show it in their admin
(http://localhost:631).
1 When L or O try to print a test page, a job is created locally but not
on P.
2. On L, lp works about like admin, it appears to create a  job, by
returning a request id, and nothing happens on P.
3. On O, lp says that no default destination available.
--
Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com>