[PLUG] Thanks for the help.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Sun Mar 21 00:42:02 UTC 2004

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Mike's Comcast Acct wrote:
> Rich Shepard, Jeme Brelin, Mike Neal and Galen Seitz responded with
> blinding speed, telling me to turn up at the monthly clinic at Riverdale
> on 3/20/2004 at 1:00 p.m. and to bring my box, distro and problems.
>
> Much to the amazement of Jeme, Russell and several other wonderful and
> incredibly generous guys, I did so.

It was a pleasure helping, Mike.  You're on a great track and I think that
after the first few weeks of learning, you'll be very happy with what your
system can do for you.

Feel free to email us if we didn't get you totally on your feet.  I know
we ran out of time right there at the end.

> I suspect that someone lost a bet on whether the guy with the stupid
> question would actually turn up the next day.

As a matter of fact, Russell and I were discussing your email to the list
on the way to the clinic.  It seems there's ALWAYS one person who cries
out for "some place I can go to get this working" in the last day or two
before each clinic... and, inevitably, the person never shows up.  Glad
you did.  Hope to see more of you around the list and meetings.

> I promise that if I ever learn anything, I'll be ready to give back as
> well.

I think you'll be surprised at how soon that time comes.  The curve is
steep, but the view from the top is great (well, that's what they tell
me, anyway).

Welcome to the club.

J.
--