[PLUG] Re: Does FIPS work with Windows XP Pro?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 22 17:13:01 UTC 2004

Mel> I can confirm that fips will NOT work on NTFS.  When I installed
Mel> SuSE > 9.0 Personal on this system,

Robert> I think he's right. At this point in time, those who want to
Robert> use a freeware tool to do this may be penny-wise and pound
Robert> foolish, considering the possible consequences of a botched
Robert> job.

Admittedly, it was over three years ago now, but when I a Compaq
Presario laptop with W2K preinstalled, it was on a FAT32 filesystem.
I was able to FIPS and install linux without great difficulty.
Remember, the worst you can do is destroy Windows.  Where's the big
downside?

seniorr at aracnet.com