[PLUG] composing Avery labels with images and TTF text?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 26 23:02:02 UTC 2004

Ed> Perhaps a script that has Gimp combine the TIFF image and the True
Ed> Type text. The resulting image can then be used by Word or Open
Ed> Office to print labels, unless you want to write your own
Ed> postscript.

Hey, I've done that (written my own postscript) before, so don't tempt
me.  Gimp is a reasonably good idea, though.  It'd let me put the text
where I want it.  I'll give that a go.

Any clues how to add a ttf in Debian so that Gimp has access to it?  I
presume defoma is involved, but I've never invoked it manually.

seniorr at aracnet.com