[PLUG] Supraexpress isa modem problems

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Sat Mar 27 13:44:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-27 at 12:11, Aaron wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a good resource for configuring my LT2120
> Supraexpress 56i voice  (isa)modem on my system running debian 3.  I've got
> my netcard and x running fine.  I'm just trying to get diald running but the
> modem wasn't autodetected during the installation.  I'm pretty green when it
> comes to linux, but I'd appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

I can't remember if this is a win-modem or not, but when your computer
startup and shows the POST information, look for an extra com port
(usually you will have com1 and com2 built in, look for com3 or com4).
That should be all the information that you need, if it is not a
win-modem.  If it is a win-modem, there are a couple of websites
dedicated to getting the things to work, but not all of them are
supported.

HTH,

Derek Loree