[PLUG] Supraexpress isa modem problems

Bill Barry barryb at proaxis.com
Sun Mar 28 10:40:03 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 12:11:39PM -0800, Aaron wrote:
> Can anyone point me to a good resource for configuring my LT2120
> Supraexpress 56i voice  (isa)modem on my system running debian 3.  I've got
> my netcard and x running fine.  I'm just trying to get diald running but the
> modem wasn't autodetected during the installation.  I'm pretty green when it
> comes to linux, but I'd appreciate any help that anyone can offer.
>

>From this page
http://freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/g/gromitkc/isa_list.html
I find that the Models 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 are not winmodems
and are therefore linux compatible. I will assume that the 2120
also fits into that category.

Are you using a 2.2 kernel or a 2.4 kernel? uname -a
will tell you. I think that the 2.4 kernels usually handle
the pnp cards pretty well and should detect your modem.
Run dmesg | less
and look through the output and make sure that the card was not detected.
If it is not there, a useful tool to start out with when configuring isa cards is
pnpdump. It is part of the isapnptools and will detect the modem
and tell us how it is configured. Just apt-get install isapnptools
and run pnpdump and see if it detects the modem.

Bill Barry