[PLUG] K12LSTP 4.0.1 Fedora on Toshiba Satellite 2545XCDT

Mike Layne laynerm at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 00:21:02 UTC 2004

I actually got an install and an initial boot complete with the GRUB
choice of Fedora or Dos.

During install I didn't have a network to hook up to and I believe that
either there are usually gremlins involved with PCMCIA cards and
ethernet or I screwed something up.

Now I get hang's when I boot into linux with the following error messages:
***
*This was the first error message when I went thru the interactive
approve every line boot:*

Pcnet_cs device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization. [FAILED]
*
Thereafter, I get the following error message:

PCI: Enabling device 00:13.0 (0000 -> 0002)
PCI: Enabling device 00:13.1 (0000 -> 0002)
Yenta IRQ list 06b8, PCI irq11
Socket Status: 30000007
Yenta IRQ list 06b8, PCI irq11
Socket Status: 300000011
*
same error messages but got 2 beeps.  I think this means that the PCMCIA
card

Do any of you Fedora guru's know what I need to do to get my network
working and my laptop booting.?

The Trendnet TC-100 16 Fast Ethernet card is recognized and has worked
in other Toshiba installations.  I set the PC Card Controller Mode to =
CardBus/16-bit following the suggestion of someone who had posted his
observations on installing Linux to a Toshiba laptop.

--
Mike Layne
8780 SW Bohmann Pkwy