[PLUG] SPF records in DNS zone files

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Mar 30 15:29:02 UTC 2004

Paul Heinlein wrote:

>If so, have you investigated opening the msa (587/tcp) port and
>configuring your mail server to accept/relay only authenticated users
>on that port?

I've thought about it. The problem becomes one of annoying my users.
Invariably, I end up forgetting one little detail while I'm setting
things up, and my whole family gets pissed off at me for breaking
things. Even AFTER I explain that this is more secure, etc. etc. yadda
yadda.

Sometimes, family can be the worst customers.

What I'll probably do is configure it to work that way at home, then
impliment it at the remote sites. Taking copious notes throughout so
that I am less likely to foget a step.

Thanks!

Russ