[PLUG] Regarding earlier posting: PHP Programmer wanted

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Mar 31 15:13:03 UTC 2004

Charles Stewart has sent me more information about the project he has in
mind.  His posting follows.
                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:12:20 -0800
From: charles at naturallawgov.org
To: plug at sco302.DavidMandel.com
Subject: PLUG Announcement

(This one has proper return email address, if not too late. Thanks/Erase).
*****

Dave,

Thanks much for the post.
I already got one response.

Here is the full explanation of the project, as I originally promised.

If you can forward this out to your list also,
that would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Charles Stewart

Much Thanks to Mr David Mandel for his fine post in response to my verbal/
phone request for PHP/MysSQL Programmer Assistance.
And what is really novel, is that I got behind on my promise to Dave for an
out-line of the work that needs to  be done, and he heroically made a very
effective post even with-out my outline.
Those are rare & precious standards. Thanks again Dave.

And for broader context, we have our own "Dedicated Server", so we have root
access to work on this project.  Also: I live in Sandy Oregon, just East of
Gresham; & so that is why I am focusing on the Portland/Linux-Group.
Further, I am 49 years old, the main organizer of this project, & I am a
dedicated open-source supporter, and linux supporter.  Also, I have been
studying such matters as constitutional-law & social-justice for well over
20
years.  I am dedicated to bringing power to responsibly self-govern to the
common American People.
  One of the main focuses of our much broader work here, is to defend the
open-source community from monolithic big-brother schemes from such
centralized-authority advocates as Microsoft & Mr Ashcrofts so-called
"Department of Justice".
But these caviets being said, here is the basic outline of the work I/we
need
help on. The basic web site is at:
http://vote.inetgov.net/

Potential programmers can go ahead & register to vote there. As can be seen
here-in, this is an effort at constructing cutting-edge on-line
direct-democratic electoral/voting process.  This is the focus here, because
the US Constitution commands that the common American People are the Supreme
Authority from which All Government Officers ultimately derive all of their
governing authority.
So, the task at hand, is simply to organize the common people to voice their
constitutionally-lawful demands for accountable/open government, especially
in such critically important areas as our "Open-Source Community" & the
survivability of Linux and the Internet in general.

To be more specific, we have constructed a "deep-hierarchy", under which the
whole planet can theoretically be self-governed.  It is my views that
"Strong
Local Government" (free from interference from unwanted meddling from
outside
larger jurisdictions), is both Constitutionally Required & a practical
Necessity.
For each propositional-issue (in our eventually very large & constantly
expanding database), there are 3 categories, which are: "Level of Support"
for each proposition/candidate, "Importance" of the proposition to that
voter, & "Efficiency" (& neutrality) of the wording of the proposition.
All of these elements are designed to be tabulated thru the MySQL Database,
&
displayed in a spread-sheet format; so that each individual can be fully
empowered to communicate his detailed voter preferences to the other
honorable members of his local & larger self-governing jurisdictional
communities.
Ongoing "Votes of Confidence" & "Instantaneous Recall" of elected officials
&
of governmental policies, is an essential sub-division of of the larger
"Level of Support" aspect of this project.  "Weighted Voting", aka:
"Preferential Voting" plays into this strongly.  We are using a scale of 0 -
99  to tabulate our "weighted votes".

That is a quick outline. I can specify more later. I think Ive got a more
detailed outline document some-where, or verbally I can narrow the focus.
It helps much to be on the phone and looking at the web page at the same
time. I can allow programmers who are working with us to have full access to
the domain , & eventually even to our dedicated server.

I have had 2 Oregon area programmers work on this project, for good pay, for

close to two years.  The first one abandoned it with-out honorable concern
for completing it.  He took the money and ran.
The second one was out of contact for an extended time, & he has spent a
very
long time getting things accomplished.  I had become worried that he had
abandoned it. He since has reassured me of his dedication to finishing the
project, & is actively making progress on it. And he seems to have good
explanations for his delays, personal problems & such which happen to us
all.
But it seems clear to me, that he needs some help in completing the project.
This project should have been completed long ago. I know that if a good
competent programmer or 2 or more were working on it steady, that things
would be up & running in a very quick time.  My present programmer says
things are 98 % ready to run. We seem to just need a few minor adjustments.
But I am not a programmer, yet; so I don't know for sure.
And I am sure that there will be "fine tuning" necessary, so that work for
the future could expand dramatically. We expect fully that this project will
be so popular that donations will come in from many local self-governing
communities.  Nothing like this presently exists, & the lost & confused
populace desperately needs forums like this to work-out their own
self-governing solutions.
When donations begin coming in, we will compensate our programmers
generously.  And we can pay a bit for those who can help at present.  We can
easily set-up & host domains as a barter/exchange for any programmers who
volunteer to work with us.
We are in the process of setting up mirror-image web-pages under our
dedicated server, from which individual programmers who are helping out here
can exercise full control.  And one way or the other, we will allow such
root
access as is needed.
I can probably arrange 3 -way phone conferences with our present programmer;
in Lincoln-City, Oregon; & who is intimately familiar with the code.  I
believe he will actively work with us, & that he will be glad to share the
duties of getting everything programmed to work together in an efficient
manner.

I look forward to working with any volunteers on this project.  Folks
dedicated to supporting Linux & Open-Source are preferred.  That may sound
screwy, but Ive seen it play out (in tangible results) too often to ignore.
Advanced programmers who can provide insight to efficiency improvements will
be compensated fairly & promptly; & all who work with us will receive
generous compensation when the donations begin to flow.
Of course; many have heard similar promises before, & are naturally
skeptical.  Thats ok.  But look a the basic work.  Does this look like the
work of an opportunistic scamm-artist?  "By their works ye will know them",
Bible quote.  Ive paid the 2 programmers who worked on it so far,
approximately one thousand dollars, total. I will pay what-ever is necessary
to get this work finished & effeciently functional. And deeply respectful
friendships will be established with those can afford to temporarily fore-go
immediate compensation in order to get it efficiently running soon.

Sincerely,

Charles Bruce, Stewart
19164 Barrington Avenue
Sandy Oregon [97055]