[PLUG] IT tools

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Mar 31 15:32:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:14, Prutzer wrote:

> I need to put together a really good tool kit.

I couldn't live without mine. :-)

> You know, punch down tool, electric screwdriver,stripper, crimper,etc.
> Anyone know a good set anywhere and if not a set a good place to put
> together a good kit?

I haven't found one that includes a power screwdriver... but my parents
bought me two kits over the last few years.  One is pretty big the other
pretty small.  The big one is a Compaq kit, FWIW.  It included things
like a soldering iron.

> also, what do you consider need tools in a good tool kit?

A nice phillips head non-magnetic non-powered screwdriver with a
medium-small grip.
I use a Black&Decker power screwdriver, too.
A magnetic screwdriver is nice, too, to grab screws you drop.
Cable ties are good to have.
A screwdriver socket set with all the heads you might possibly need
CAT5 cable crimping kit
something to grab those damned jumpers (small pliers, I don't have any)
a daily pill holder to hold screws when you're taking things apart
A wire stripper
Two BBC CDs - one with INSERT on it, the other with AdAware and AVG

I'm sure there's other stuff in there, I just can't think of it now.
:-)

Rob