[PLUG] OT: web hosting service selection

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Mon May 3 15:13:01 UTC 2004

Dear All:

Sorry for being off topic but since I get so many helpful
advices on linux stuff here at this forum so I thought I post
this one too.

I am looking to register a website and need hosting service.  Did some
digging
around the web and I found this company:

    http://www.whnhosting.com/

Looks like they are up in Alaska.  Their prices are about the
cheapest that I can find.  So cheap that I am not sure if I should be wary
since low price does not mean good/reliable service.

Can someone offer some tips/advices on what I should watchout
when choosing a hosting service?  This is a merchant account website
so reliability is a must.

Thanks!

--vincent