[PLUG] Two Noobie questions

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Tue May 4 13:39:01 UTC 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Mike Layne wrote:

> 1. My Fedora Core 1 install was working just fine on my IBM T21
>    until this morning when it hung while trying to load the pcmcia
>    module.  Question:  What do I do to get back to functionaL?

Do you mean that it hung during the boot process?

> 2. Where do I go to either assign an IP address or find out what IP
>    address the machine is using?

/sbin/ifconfig will list all interfaces currently configured.

Look at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* for the interface
configuration files. If you don't want to edit text files, the
more-or-less official configuration utility is
/usr/bin/redhat-config-network.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>