[PLUG] RJ45 to Coax adapter?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu May 6 22:46:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 21:38, Michael Robinson wrote:

> At least I got the 300 part right, somebody really needs to lighten up a
> bit.  I know,
> go touch a live ethernet wire and make sure it's 300 millivolts.

Actually, I showed a friend who runs cable for a living your email.  He
thought it was quite funny, and completely wrong.

He does sometimes need to cut live cables (with a metal knife, which
conducts electricity) and never has received any kind of an electric
shock from ethernet cables.  He did say he has, once or twice, cut a
cable that was running POTS stuff when it was ringing.  He said that
caused a mild shock, with about as much of a jolt as you get from
sneakers on a carpet in August in Central Oregon.

Rob