[PLUG] RJ45 to Coax adapter?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Sat May 8 00:46:01 UTC 2004

AthlonRob <AthlonRob at axpr.net> writes:

> Saying cat-5 is always 4-pair and cat-3 is always 2-pair is like saying
> all vehicles on the road have four wheels...

Actually, more like all cars have four wheels, all bicycles have two.
To say that all vehicles on the road have four wheels is to say
everything that has an RJ-11 or RJ-45 connector is a phone cord
(whether or not it fits, anybody who has done network troubleshooting
over the phone, and the guy on the other end is an idiot[1], knows what
I'm talking about).

[1] Idiots suck.  They don't know that they don't know, so they think
they know, and call you up, and refuse to take your advice, thinking
they know better.  Terminally stupid[2].

[2] I differentiate between stupid and ignorant.  Both are ignorant
and both imply the person is capable of learning in the first place.
To qualify as stupid, you have to fail to learn when provided with
ample clue.  Ignorance is readily fixed, stupidity could be terminal[1].

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo at ursine.ca>