[PLUG] Webmail server suggestions

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat May 8 09:52:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-08 at 01:21, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Try six or seven a day, all in a situation where AOL broke Windows (at
> the very least networking and IE/OE, sometimes something nasty enough
> I'd transfer them to Microsoft to let them take their $200/incident
> support call/psychic network wannabe stab at it), times five days a
> week, for a year.  And I was taking calls for Excite at Home.  I doubt
> you've spoken to 1600+ AOL users, much less that many with the same
> problem.  5.0 and 6.0 both broke Windows.  I only took about 3500
> calls during my entire time taking calls for Excite at Home.

All with the same problem?  No.  But 1600+?  Easily.  I was hitting
about 15/night a few years ago in the 'Get Help Now' forum on AOL (which
is no defunct) about four nights a week for about a year or so.

15 * 4 * 52 = 3120

The rest of the stuff I did on AOL was far less formalized than that.
:-)

Rob