[PLUG] DNS Problem

Prutzer techmage at aracnet.com
Sun May 9 11:24:01 UTC 2004

HI all,
Okay, in Mike's class we were trying to setup DNS to resolve to a
simple caching client/server so that we could dig locally and see it
find the other machines on my private network as well as show a
difference in time between getting and address from my ISP's domain
server and the then stored locally version that should be stored
locally in the cache. Nothing seems to work.
I can connect to my isp and get the correct info using:

dig www.pcc.edu

but it's not being stored locally.
I can do:

dig -x 127.0.0.1 and get proper reply

I can ping by IP on my closed network.

If I try dig -x 192.168.4.2 ( this is the IP address in my network of
the machine i'm doing the resolve/caching on)
I get error no server available.

I've attached my script file that shows this.

I'm unable to figure out why it's not working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Harry

Dont immanentize the eschaton