[PLUG] DNS Problem

Prutzer techmage at aracnet.com
Sun May 9 16:07:02 UTC 2004

On 09 May 2004 14:28:57 -0700, you wrote:

>Harry
>
>It this process running..
>
>Depending on your distribution it may have different
>names.
>
>Bind..Named..nscd..
>
>HTH
>
>Me
Hi ,
Yes, bind is up and running, so is named, I can run rndc and make
checks as well.
As I said, when I run the dig command against the loopback it performs
correctly.
I can log on to my ISP and dig finds the NS's and brings back the
info.
However, something is not caching that info locally and I'm unable to
find where to make a change in order for it to do that.
If I could figure out how to set it to caching the info locally I
think that would do the trick.
Thanks,
Harry
Dont immanentize the eschaton