[PLUG] slackware download process????

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 10 14:40:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> Let's hold up here for just a second... are you burning an ISO file onto
> a disk as a file or as an image?  You need to burn it as an image... if
> you mount the CD and do an ls, you should see many files, not just an
> ISO file.  :-)

  Excellent insight, Rob. What our friend needs to do is read the man page
for 'cdrecord' and use that to burn the ISO images onto the cd-r disks. I
didn't see that the writing mechanism might have been incorrect.

  However, disks are still available if needed. But, I think you'll find
True Happiness with your downloaded ISOs and cdrecord.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>