[PLUG] So I think I edited everything in sight but now no GUI interface

Kenneth G. Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Mon May 10 20:55:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 20:34, Mike Layne wrote:
> I only get the command prompt, which is elegant but doesn't tell me much.
>
> How do I start kde or gde or mozilla from there?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Mike Layne
> 8780 SW Bohmann Pkwy
> Portland, Oregon 97223
> T 503-246-1441
> F 503-246-0344

Mike,

You need to setup X for kde, gde, or mozilla.

If you are using a earlier RedHat distro, there is Xconfigurator.
Later ones have xf86config, maybe other distros have this because it
is from XFree86.org.

When X is setup.  Start the X windowing system by issuing:
startx.

Or you could have the system startup in X by editing /etc/inittab or by
answering yes in Xconfigurator when it asks for startup option.

Ken
CAD2CAM.COM