[PLUG] WiFi versus Distributions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 13 08:21:02 UTC 2004

  There is apparently major differences between Fedora on one side and (at
least) Slackware and Debian on the other side in the ability of the hotplug
system to load firmware.agent. At least with the 3Com 3CRWE154G72; but since
it involves loading the firmware via firmware.agent I suspect the card brand
and model don't matter.

  After many hours of working on this with excellent local help I asked
EmperorLinux to look into the problem. They confirmed that the problem
exists with at least slackware and debian but works with their default
fedora loads.

  Something to consider germane to Saturday's clinic.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>