[PLUG] Interesting article proposes a new aproach for fighting SPAM

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 13 19:42:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Aaron Burt wrote:

> On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 08:31:28AM -0700, Mel Andres wrote:
> > I thought this would be worth discussing:
> >
> > http://www.discover.com/issues/jun-04/departments/emerging-technology/
>
> [Hash-cash approach]

  A student did a project using this sort of approach and it made it all the
way to the International Science and Engineering Fair finals. I've no idea
how it was judged.

  If you can, visit the ISEF tomorrow morning 9:00am-noon at the Convention
Center. Some amazing projects there, including a robot built from the toy
construction set (forget the name; uses thin dowels and round hubs with
holes around the rim) that solves the Rubic's Cube. Many neat CS projects as
well as mathemtics, engineering, environmental science, zoology and other
subjects.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>