[PLUG] WAP networking (learned at clinic)

Sean Whitney sean at fork.com
Mon May 17 08:09:02 UTC 2004

Which is why I have a separate firewall and a access point, and not a
wireless DSL/cable router.

My setup

        OUTSIDE                   INSIDE

                       ((*))
           +---------+  / \   wireless access point
           | U1      |   |
 to        | Sparc   +---+
 cable/dsl |         |
     ------+         +---    Inside Interface
           |         +---    DMZ Interface
           |         |

I have set up my inside interface and my wireless interface to act as
two separate and unreachable (from each other) networks.  That way my
home network is secure and secured from the wireless.  My wireless AP is
completely open and doesn't use WAP, but it is behind a firewall.

Sean

--
Sean Whitney <sean at fork.com>