[PLUG] Wifi, Linux, and Mac

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon May 17 11:43:02 UTC 2004

"I cried because I had no drivers, until I met a man who had no source ..."

I spent part of yesterday helping a young friend try to find a Mac
compatable PCI wireless card.  We ended up mail ordering a WET54G
ethernet-connected bridge.  For PCMCIA cards, we found only Apple,
Asante and Farallon/Proxim cards.  There is another company that sells
Mac drivers for PRISM cards, $30.  There may be more out there but
we didn't see it.

So as hard as it seems to find Linux drivers in a Windoze world, there
are drivers or development projects for most of the PCMCIA cards out
there.  The poor Mac folks are having a much harder time of it.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom           keithl at ieee.org         Voice (503)-520-1993