[PLUG] perl DBI and DBD::ODBC install

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue May 18 13:40:03 UTC 2004

Goggle'in has me running around in circles trying to get DBI with an ODBC
data source working.  I'm stuck dealing with a database on a MS SQLServer
and the script runs on a Linux box.

Anyone have good step-by-step instructions?

  FWIW, I have installed iODBC from an RPM but installing DBD::ODBC using
CPAN fails as does using a plain old tarball.  It appears the RPM didn't
supply all the directories or perl Makefile.PL -o /usr/lib (where the
iodbc libs reside) doesn't recognize them as iodbc libraries.

TIA,
Rod